Tuesday, October 4, 2011

ON BEYOND XANTHIPPE

So I,ve learned a new word... Xanthippe!  Check out this gal... me minus the rollers!!!  Me during  the last weeks of radiation!  ( Can't seem to turn off the underline - sorry!!!)  It really has been a strange and not so comfy adventure - like weeks on a tropical raft without shade...

But of course the treatment folks were grand - again I compliment them- to be so dang cheerful all day as you subject people to the rays...  takes a special kind of temperament.  Patients aged 6 to 90 parading through.   As noted in the past, I did meet many lovely folks - there is a definite connection as we await the rays.

But last week was the end of it - no more rushing home from work to the mask - no more bone deep fatigue, FREEDOM!!!  (You notice I've even given myself the fantasy red locks...

So Beth and I celebrated with an amazing weekend in New Hampshire at the Highlands Inn - an all gal spot on 100 acres of virgin (!) forest.    We were able to finally breathe free - share, laugh, cry, and absorb the wonder of the White Mountains.  And we did the Zip Line at Bretton Woods!  Nothing like flying down a mountain!   The sensation of flight if only for a few minutes, made me feel so alive - the exhilaration of the mountain air, the breath taking scenery, the fantasy of freedom from these recent adventures.  I am so fortunate that we could do this trip - and  move on to the days ahead.    So my word for the day is: DON'T WAIT!!!

 Of course, our next adventure might me camping out against Wall St. - that's another Zip!!  To be continued...




2 comments:

  1. Wow!...so glad the radiation is over...sounds definitely stressful. But the trip sounds wonderful and so glad you are getting to experience the beauty of the natural world. Sending much love and healing thoughts your way.

    Hugs,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sal: Hugs & kisses to you & Beth from Brookline!! XO VG

    ReplyDelete