Tuesday, September 2, 2014

KATHERINE BACK HOME, SPLEEN IS HISTORY!

Greetings loyal readers - thought I had posted last week but apparently didn't confirm.  Yes!  I a spleen free, and Katherine the redoubtable hernia is back in her home.I had surgery at Massachusetts General hospital - what a marvelous institution.  My surgery team were grand, the nurses amazing, and the CNA's, cleaning crew and all friendly and efficient.No wonder this is a number #1 hospital in the country!

The purpose of these snips is to stem possible spreading.  I do still have a little active C, but hopefully with a bit more chemo, I'll be back in NED (no evidence of disease). 

I realize from this experience (Beth was able to stay in the room with me - we had an amazing view of the Charles!  Nothing so calming as watching sailboats slide along the river).  So I'm home healing for a month or so - chance to complete my sabbatical report, read some great books, continue writing my grandmother's biography, and do some drawing/ painting.   I promise to write more soon - at least once per week.  As all of us watch fearfully the continued conflicts around the globe.  xxSal

No comments:

Post a Comment