Wednesday, February 23, 2011


Hi friends! Much too long, but still having computer problems - amazed I was able to illustrate this post. ( I love this mandala - phases of the moon and pathways of the heart - like the strange and uneven passage of time and the phenomenal network of friends (all of you] who have accompanied my journey.)

My train tracks continue to heal - the staples are gone, only a line from the navel to the tree line - and I'm feeling fine (get tired, but also cabin fever!) Today I go to the oncologist to talk about future treatment: choice one (hopefully) a chemo break - with monitoring to be sure the little monster hasn't recurred. Choice two: maintenance chemo ( one infusion a month) that will allow me to return to work. Choice three - more intensive chemo - but I don't think this will be necessary. Always in limbo!!

I've written often about 'living in the present' - and now with some of the worst behind me for the moment, this is more and more important. I continue to paint and write, and watch the amazing changes going on in the world. The allure of 'freedom for self government' has erupted in the middle east in ways not predicted at least by us in the west. And of course, here at home we have our own challenge to 'voice' as the governor of Wisconsin attempts to set aside the right of public workers to participate in collective bargaining - to have a voice in developing the contracts that rule their lives. It seems that Republicans are truly attempting to defeat union strength in supporting the Democratic party and liberal ideology that invites full participation in decisions that affect us.

So I continue my 'armchair' observing (recliner, actually) and consider how I can best support movements for progressive social change in my somewhat compromised state. But I'll be fully active before long! Thanks for 'listening' dearest readers - Hopefully March will come in like a lamb, after the snowy lion of February. xxSal

3 comments:

  1. Reading your blog always offers a space for me to slow down, listen, and consider your valuable perspective on life. I needed that today - thanks. :-)

    Hope spring shows up soon for you. Atlanta is all a-bloom already - beautiful.

    I'll be up in NY for a work meeting next Wed, tagging on a few vacation days to visit with family and friends, including CT to visit some cousins up there. I might be calling you to say hello with any extra time I have.

    I love you, sister!
    Lorraine xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! It's an incredible mandala. Like you -- an incredible womandala! XO VG

    ReplyDelete