Thursday, June 16, 2011

GOOD NEWS, BUT WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU...

Greetings loyal readers - well, once again I am in the waiting limbo on the track to who knows where. The good news is that from the CAT scan, there seems to be only the one little monster bundle on my neck, but the doc now wants a PET scan (Frankie scans me every night - sniffing for snacks...) So they inject a small amount of radioactive sugar into my vein - then slide me through the "detector donut" to see what lights up. According to the doc, if an area lights up, it may mean active cancer, as cancers reach for sugars (nasty sweet tooth, I guess). I also will have more blood tests, and possibly some other pokes and prods. So once they look at results they will decide on treatment - but my Doc is on vacation for 3 weeks, so the news won't be available until a month from now. (Dr. D. is traveling to his homeland Guam with two kids in tow - may the goddesses bless him on a 16 hour flight!!) Otherwise, the weather seems finally to be summer (do I jinx it by mentioning...), my garden is popping with color, and Beth and I are both busy at work. I plan to support an upcoming "relay for life" in support of cancer funding in Somerset/ Fall River MA - will write more as I find out details - on June 24. Your wonderful supportive comments keep me going!! Til laterxx

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there kiddo! It takes a lot of courage to face up to this cancer thing, & I know you've got it, my remarkable & deeply impressive friend. Thinking of you lots, holding you in my heart! Love you, VG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Sal! So glad to hear the little monster seems contained to one area...thank the Goddess for that. Know that I'll always be sending my love and prayers out into the Universe in your direction. As Vicki says, you're an amazing woman and the C-monster is unlikely to win. :-)

    Love & Hugs,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete