Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'M RADIANT!!



Or at least, radiated... Just completed two days of nuclear blasting; one day of "hyper thermal treatment" to heat up those little bastards to extinction. Once again, a warm and lively staff to usher patients into treatment - everyone quite friendly as we see each other every day for six weeks or so!


Have learned that radiation treatment was actually developed in the early years of the 20th century, soon after common use of X rays. (weird that X rays can cause and cure cancers!) We can actually thank that goddess of science, Marie Curie who discovered polonium and radium. Today these have been replaced with the more effective caesium and cobalt. Ah the wonders of the periodic table, the most perfect concept ever created by humans! Despite our faulty logic, this description of basic elements actually works. Or so the scientists tell me...


And the weather is cooperating for sure. The radiant sun plus occasional showers is making my garden happy, and giving Beth and me summer joy. We've got cutting flowers on the table and fresh garden tomatoes on the plate, plus the magical creamy basil dressing, a gift from Mom. The daily gifts of beauty, love and of course the inevitable chaos continue... 'til later, xApop Sal


3 comments:

  1. Dearest APopSal My Gal: You have the most amazing spirit!! It sings. Love you, XO VG

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always had a "glowing" personality sisal. Now I know that when I go camping, all I have to do is invite you, then I won't need those smelly kerosine lanterns. Will you repel insects as well?

    Bro G

    ReplyDelete
  3. You DO glow! Could we have the recipe for the dressing? You made my mouth water!!!

    ReplyDelete