Monday, July 25, 2011

GOT TO GET BACK TO THE GARDEN!

Oops, this didn't publish earlier - out of sync, sort of like life, but always good garden thoughts...It's a stormy Monday, dear readers, and the first day of my vacation (pre-radiation getaway). We had a lovely summer weekend including dinner with Don, Trish and our beautiful Maddie, our Bell Street Unitarian meditation time, and a wonderful dinner with friends Ellen and Stu. I've captured the mid summer wonder of my somewhat crazy garden, complete with the amazing garden totem made by friend Sally W.

Friends, meals, garden time - these are a few of my favorite things! We are heading to New Hampshire this week for a mini vacation - just three days, but a wonderful adventure on an idyllic lake with the frantic family ( calmed by nature).


Gardens, green, nature and nurturing family are among the many gifts of the every day that grace my life. Our ability to feast our eyes on flowers is surely a sign of spirit in the universe. I am reminded of the privileges of my life, reading about the chaos elsewhere in the world, attempting to respond in some small ways.



Enjoy the week, dear readers - will report on our odyssey when we return! xApopsal

No comments:

Post a Comment