Thursday, July 14, 2011

NUCLEAR ME!



Greetings dearest loyal readers - the good news is - the only little monsters left are the two bumps on my neck (lymph nodes.) My doc has advised radiation so it's on to this new adventure. A regular "glow girl" I'm going to be! I'm learning that current radiation can be highly concentrated and directed - an X ray beam is modulated to hit the malignancy directly, with little or no damage to healthy tissue. I may have to wear a protective mask, so I'm thinking of doing some creative masks as I enter this new course of action!

Otherwise, our New England weather is fantastic - 80's with no humidity today! (Why am I inside??) Beth and I are truly enjoying our deck and gardens this year - hope all are having a fabulous summer! xx

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear those malignant bastards are concentrated in one place and subject to concentrated radiation...hurray! Sending love, prayers and healing thoughts your way.

    Just saw a fantastic little (35 min) film screened at Charis made by former and current Spelman students about Black queers in the movement - then and now ("Shadow Behind the Rainbow"). Hope it gets picked up by some film festivals and gets seen by people outside the south...it features many familiar faces from Atlanta and the Southland...wonderful stuff.

    Love & Hugs,
    Lorraine :-)

    ReplyDelete