Sunday, January 24, 2010

Family and friends

So I've always been this glass-half-full gal to the point my buddies wince at my endless optimism. (Eyes roll) This new situation has certainly sobered me - but I continue to look for and find the gifts even from the big C. A special thanks this morning to my amazing families - my own in Virginia, and Beth's here in RI. Everyone has gathered 'round -a comfort circle that keeps me from falling off the cliff. My soul breathes.

And of course, you all, my fantastic family of friends, have formed a protective coating: I have been feeling sometimes like a turtle stripped of it's shell - you shield me, encircle me, give me strength and hope. Love is the shell I will never outgrow.

My dear friend Sue in Worcester is experiencing some 'aftershocks' of radiation - send some positive meditations in her direction! Sue, our love enfolds you!

So it's off to my last day before Chemo - will update - am doing some research on the history of chemo - will share! As always, thanks and share!!

3 comments:

  1. sending love and wondering how much research is helpful and knowledge is power and how much is can be a big fat information buffet at a family restaurant with squeaky chairs.
    not that there's anything wrong with that at all

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to be an ApopSal follower, and knew your response to this would be extra- ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sal, I just knew you'd approach this with the positivity, strength and can do attitude you apply to everything. Love you!

    ReplyDelete