Monday, June 7, 2010

BACk IN THE SADDLE



Hi all - just a note after beginning second round chemo. Carboplatin and Taxol today. THINK SHRINK! Beth and I went to the American Cancer Society Rhode Island survivor's day yesterday - a few interesting 'booths', a few speakers, but generally disappointing. Several of the hospitals had tables with information, and we DID get free chair massages. I had hoped there would be a more interactive opportunity, maybe workshops where we as ' survivors' could discuss more about integrated services, and the ways that things such as Reiki, massages, meditation, acupuncture support treatment, even reports of clinical studies, such as the dream study I am now a part of. Oh well, so much for that.


I do hope to do more research myself about such areas - such as the work being done in Texas and Europe. Will report soon! Otherwise, my garden is my best therapy, bringing the beauty and hope of blooms and new growth (the healthy kind!) Above is the Goddess of Spring in our garden with the unbelievable iris (blooms now sadly past) but below you can see the now blooming poppies, etc. I am determined to be as 'perrenial' as these amazing gifts of nature. Also the blue spot is a deck chair, an important kind of therapy for me this summer! I will be meditating and chanting from this chair on many occasions.
With the earth capable of such amazing presentation, why is it we squander our gifts, poisoning the mother of us all, possibly feeding unwanted growth (such as the big 'C') rather than cherishing the beauty that is our natural world?
As a species, are we capable of valuing these gifts enough to survive on the planet? Hmmmmmm.

4 comments:

  1. are we?
    you're teaching us. one by one by one

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos. Makes me wish I had a garden...but then I realize I wouldn't be able to tend it...guess I'll have to enjoy all the others in the neighborhood. :-)

    So glad to hear how you've integrated so much healing into your daily life. That C has no chance against your spirit and your practice.

    Look for an email from me re Oct.

    Love & Hugs,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sal: Haven't written here for a while, but back at your blog I find that you are still your remarkable creative articulate self -- healing, healing, healing. You are really amazing. Sending hugs, kisses & all manner of healing energy. XO VG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, Love my cookbook!

    ReplyDelete