Monday, June 21, 2010

TIME TO PROCEED WITH LIFE!




Well, dear patient readers, a whole week without a post - what a busy life! (and early bedtimes) I had chemo last Monday, and worked every day last week, at least some hours. Now as I continue with weekly chemo, I am on leave. It's a strange feeling for someone who has been so career and job oriented (progressive adult and youth education - in the context of progressive social change). I have had a chromatic range of emotions as I enter this time to focus on getting healthy, evicting the little monster.
First, there is that weirdly exhilarating combination of fear and excitement: like the moments before you propel yourself into a back flip on the diving board. Where will I land? Can I adjust myself to this knew unknown function in space? What will I DO with myself?

Then there is the sadness: I will be out of the loop, I won't be identified with this greater purpose, I will become invisible.

Finally there is relief and a calm waiting: I have always actually looked forward to the unknown. So today, after another chemo, I walk in the garden, speak to the plants, admire the amazing summer blooms and concentrate on quieting my mind.
As noted by Mr. Majorium of the Magic Emporium: Life is an occassion - rise to it!
I will keep you posted! xx


6 comments:

  1. One of my favorite quotes;

    The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.

    Alfred North Whitehead
    Mathematician and Metaphysicist

    I love you for the elegance of your words.

    Bro G

    ReplyDelete
  2. "your elegance of words" -- that's such a perfect take on your writing. sending love, xo vg

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, i mean "the elegance of your words."

    ReplyDelete
  4. It started as it always starts, these adventures with you. "Shit, I have Beth's keys". The midnight drive in the Rhode Island rain. And then three glorious days, magical days. A fellow modern day pirate. Your continuing gift to me my Sissal, is the thirty year conversation. A chance to see myself from the mirror of your mind. So many serendipitous events. Too many to record here. I love you so very much.

    Bro G

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will never be "out of the loop." We won't let you be. You're too important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nor could you possibly be invisible.
    ever

    xo

    ReplyDelete