Thursday, August 19, 2010

IMAGES OF HOPE AND HEALTH


Well, dear loyal readers - the blogspot site is still having problems - apparently my readers can't comment - and I can add only one visual per posting. Am trying to reach the Google Gods for help!!

I am quite excited that my work with meditation and visualizing healing and health is resulting in participation in a 'patient show' at the hospital - my scribblings and such will be on display! The attached mandala is one that has inspired me - will photo and post one or two of my own soon. I REALLY encourage taking pen, brush, marker to paper - it's indeed therapeutic. I also have become a huge fan of guided meditation - a way to explore those inner images.

I have two more short chemo drips before the next CAT pix - and have high hopes for returning to work by mid Sept. I feel the support from you all that comes through cyber space - your loving messages have been a major part of my excellent progress. I firmly believe in our power of collective concentration in the journey towards full recovery.

So I extend my continued love and thanks on this beautiful August morning - a cardinal sits on my bird feeder, and a hummingbird visited again earlier - the zinnias smile across the garden, the cosmos dances in the breeze, and the black eyed susans wink at the sun.

In the quiet sunny space of my yard I recognize the privilege of my life, even with its uncertainty as I think of those struggling with natural disaster in Haiti & Pakistan, and of course with the horrors of continuing war. I celebrate the gifts of my life and my community of support on this vibrant day. xx

4 comments:

  1. Looks like the comments-ability is back. :-)

    Your continued recovery is heartening...may it continue and allow you to return to work...and to come to NY in Oct.

    I know what you mean about feeling so privileged, even considering hard times, illness and personal challenges...the world seems so unbalanced at times. But you are, for me, a shining example of how to live with this in a wonderfully empowering and compassionate way. Thanks you for your shining light.

    Love,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are back... Had a great time up in the VA mountains and thought of you. I am sending a book and some great Jefferson quotes for you.

    Love you so much.

    Bro g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally,
    My first try did not go through so I will try again. Of course, I have forgotten what I wrote but will try and re-create. I am happy that things are going well with your treatments and will say a prayer for good CAT results. I have so admired your family knowledge and our all too brief conversations on same. So we will have to do it right and have a long visit next time we get to RI. I really want to see you, Susan, George and Carolyn one day soon. Family is important and seeing you would be wonderful. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
    Love,
    John

    August 26, 2010 7:08 PM

    ReplyDelete