Monday, March 22, 2010

PRE EXISTING HOPE!


Hi all - a gray day after a glorious weekend - but hurrahs for the health bill! While far from perfect, the new bill seems to hold the promise for some controls on the insurance industry, and hope for those with no insurance. I guess for me, hope does bloom eternal...


I actually worked in the garden yesterday for several hours, removing the blankets of leaves from perennial beds. As I got my fingers into the earth, I was aware again of my great good fortune that I am weathering this big C adventure with apparent success at the moment. To experience the magic of the coming of spring - such a gift!


I send thoughts and meditations to three friends battling the beasts: Linda in surgery once again, Kathy facing the challenges of a brain tumor, and Ellen in recovery from yet another surgery. These three are among my courageous colleagues whose strength inspires me. At our Unitarian Fellowship yesterday, our visiting presenter spoke of 'alienation and connection - control and surrender'. In his marvelous message he reminded me that only through surrender (acceptance) of things I can't control can I reach for the life giving connections so generously offered by so many including you my blogfriends. But 'surrender' doesn't mean giving up - it means recognizing reality - that in this random experience called life, we accept and move on: as a quote I read recently reminds me: LIFE IS AN OCCASION - RISE TO IT! So on my creaky knees...


2 comments:

  1. God I love you. You continue to challenge me in ways that are hard to comprehend. Thank you masked man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sally,

    I love your spirit and your words. It seems to me that you have become a truly beautiful writer over the years -- with a different kind of writing that we learned all those many years ago at Columbia. Am so glad to hear you're feeling better. And, yes, flawed as it is, the first tentative steps of this movement toward universal health coverage is a cause for rejoicing. Seeing the process at close hand here in D.C. has not been a pretty picture.
    Love, Barbara

    ReplyDelete