Sunday, March 28, 2010

IT'S A CIRCULAR THING..

Sorry for the almost week absence from the blog, loyal fans and friends - had a bit of a glitch this week. Of course, Beth and I are thrilled that the less than perfect Health Bill has passed - what a struggle it has been. Obama, true to his nature, had the tenacity to stick with it, and Nancy Pelosi is quite the magician in the house - she just turned 70!! (think she's a natural brunette these days...?) As the notices come in telling me what these treatment adventures are costing, and what my insurance is (thank the goddess) paying, I am particularly happy about ending life time limit! You never think of these things 'til they come your way...

I'm always learning new info about big C treatments and side effects! I'm Also so much more aware of this amazing machine we call out body, and the strange alien invader called Cancer. When the old bod is working well, the system is amazing, particularly blood, heart, lungs, etc. But the demon C really gets in the way of that perfect design system. I was experiencing puffier than usual kankles - called my doc, and found myself in the ER for five hours. Old magazines and chatty nurses saved me! The result: a blood clot, so I'm now on a blood thinner, a Lovenox junkie!

So the good news, despite the glitch, is this: once again, my doc says the chemo is taking it's toll on the little monster. The less then great news is that this chemo adventure will probably be extended, unless my meditations and your support really have disappeared that alien completely - keep that energy going!
Meanwhile, I just sit in my chair and relax... let everything just 'flow'! I'm gazing at the fading day, enjoying our fig tree in the corner that has sprouted unbelievable leaves and figs - getting ready to be on the deck! I have watched as this potted house-tree has gone from dormant twigs to gorgeous green decor, even figs! As the seasons roll, I embrace life, and you all.
To be continued!

1 comment:

  1. Got to love the cartoons... After all we are a cartoon family... (kinda like the Simpsons...)

    Love you Sissal

    Bro g

    ReplyDelete