Friday, April 2, 2010

WEATHERING CHEMO...



Unbelievable, the Great Flood in Rhode Island! As I approached chemo on Monday, the skies had been gray for a few days, but no one expected the deluge! Monday I sat through my five hours of drip, and actually it was a rather nice if a bit overcast. Again found a chemo friend from our Unitarian Fellowship - not my favorite friendship spot, but wonderful to have collegial companionship. The extent of cancer and other related conditions on our planet makes you wonder... but we do find community as we live with them and through them.

Tuesday I enjoyed a visit from Boston pal Sal - my community of support is spectacular!
I've realized that during these visits, I am having a chance to deepen my friendships and take time for soul sharing. How we rush through our lives.....
My Beth and I attended our Unitarian Fellowship Seder, quite an experience - our first with this group! Designed to engage our small community, especially the kids, it was an evening of fun, exploring the Old Testament Moses stories complete with acting out the seven plagues (I got to do the darkness using back gooey stuff) and raising the four glasses of wine (or grape juice if you may). Little did we realize that Tuesday into Wednesday would bring about another Old Testament image (ready to launch??)

Wednesday morning we found inches of water in both of our basements - several hours of endless 'dry vac' ing later, Brother Don finally brought us a pump. Luckily, although we gained several inches of flow, it wasn't catastrophic, and today (GLORIOUS SUN) the drying begins. I must say, all the excitement of the week has helped me 'weather' the Neulasta effects - nothing like distraction! ( I went for this post chemo immune booster on Tuesday - I will be exploring the whole Neulasta/ bone marrow process for our mutual edification - more info about the amazing machine called our bodies.)
So we hope the sun will be 'bakin' the yard and the basements (I'm such a sucker for visual puns)
At least we didn't have 40 days and 40 nights... Hope we don't have a late April snow, as all my perennials are popping. Have a marvelous weekend celebrating life!


2 comments:

  1. happy easter eve, sal. big smooch

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passover...Easter...Spring...floods...Neulasta...UU Fellowship and visits from old friends. Sounds like a really rich life. May it go on and on and on. Sending sunny thoughts your way.

    Love & Hugs,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete