Thursday, May 20, 2010

NOT ABANDONED!



Dearest readers, I haven't abandoned you - don't despair! Just a very busy week - have been a bit tired and under the weather. Good news: had my CT scan on Tuesday - what fun. I was able to down the chalky stuff so readers could see my innards light up - certainly a strange experience. Sort of Zen sliding through the large doughnut hole(Check out this CT scan art!!) It is quite amazing that technology now allows us to look INSIDE the body - a slice of life as it were. Tomorrow I have my Dr. appointment to find out the latest prognosis. It is a bit nerve wracking, but I am SOOOO eager to find out how much the little monster has shrunk.

I am also excited that the RI branch of the American Cancer Society is having a conference next month looking at alternative/integrated therapies and their effectiveness alone or in combination with chemo and radiation. There will be representatives from an exciting center in Texas, the Anderson center, that has been a major center for alternative therapy for years.

Speaking of alternative therapies - I had acupuncture for the first time! It was a fascinating experience - a lovely woman who studied in Boston administered the little needle, and I lay like a happy pincushion while she played meditation CD's. It certainly was relaxing - I'm not sure it relieved my neuropathy much (numb toes) but I enjoyed it a great deal.


So I will report tomorrow, dear readers with the BIG NEWS! Have a great evening!! xx

1 comment: