Friday, May 28, 2010

ONWARD, ONWARD


Hi all! Well, I finally have my next treatment cycle settled. We finally met with my oncologist on Wednesday, and were able to actually see the little monster in the CT Scan snapshot. Nasty little bugger! But smaller and less nasty than four months ago! Apparently, it has gone from the size of a large lemon to the size of a small plum.


Yea small fruit!

The lymph nodes on my neck are no bigger than green peas - also a great thing. We are heading towards remission!!

This summer I will be on a bit more rigorous treatment plan - weekly treatments. I will be taking sick leave time in order to give my body maximum ability to benefit from the treatments. Summer recovery in the garden!! Flowers growing, tumors shrinking!

I am also excited as I have signed on to an official study looking at dream images of cancer patients. I will be keeping a dream log for 12 weeks. The researchers are looking for common images, and ways dialogue about these images can aid in creating positive psychological stance during chemo and radiation therapy. I am fascinated by this integrated approach!

I continue to draw my dreams, and create mandalas - letting that inner self speak to my recovering body. And of course, all of your positive feedback and support is the foundation for my journey. Love to you all.

xxapopsal

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sally,
    I am happy to hear that things are going well. It took me too long to find the connection to your website but I was able to find it. Remission is wonderful! I hope we can share/update our Palmer family history soon. I always learn something new from you. Our prayers are with you.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, once again, Sal, when handed lemons, you're making lemonade.

    love you

    ReplyDelete