Thursday, July 22, 2010

VISUALIZING NORMAL!





Dearest readers, I have great news! One indication that chemo is effective is the reading of so called 'blood markers for cancer.' My markers have been steadily decreasing, and my doc told me this week I am in the NORMAL range!! (Not that I EVER feel very normal...) This does not mean the tumors are gone, but a good indication that the cancer is almost inactive. So I am very excited!

This has been a strange week - finally able to have chemo again - platelets and white cells also back to NORMAL. My body doesn't really love the chemo, but being home enables me to collect reserves to deal with the stuff.

I attended two groups this week, and listened while sisters in the big "C" recounted much more difficult journeys than mine. I am so very fortunate that my body is handling the infusions without severe side effects, as I say so often. Listening to stories makes one quite humble.

In our guided meditation/ art therapy group, I continue to invite images for my journey. I have been trying to upload my own butterfly ride sketch, but this will have to do. Beth and I attended the South County balloon festival on Sunday, and such a ride is on my bucket list! Almost as good as a butterfly flight!.

I am convinced that such imaging is a powerful vehicle in the journey to eject cancer. Will write soon, but for today am up and away. xx

2 comments:

  1. hey you
    this is great news. sorry i missed your call - hoping we'll find each other soon?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sissal,

    Your news fills me with joy. Our time in Krakow continues to be extraordinary. Last night we spent the evening in a 15th century church listing to the Krakow Strings of the Krakow Sympony, play Vivaldi, Chopin, Mozart, Brahms, and Bach. It was so wonderful I cried. I channeled Mom and Pops. (I imagined him whistling along.)

    Bro G

    ReplyDelete