Wednesday, July 28, 2010

GARDEN DELIGHT


Dear gentle readers, a reminder: there is nothing constant in life but change! My sister Sue was supposed to come to visit this week from Richmond - but got sick, and won't be coming. As I nursed my disappointment, we received an invitation to go to New Hampshire to a lake cottage for three days - a mini vacation! Expect the unexpected!

This week my friend Sally Waldron brought an amazing gift to us: a garden 'totem' she constructed in pottery class. In the pouring rain, Sal and I (in our fetching rain ponchos) constructed this amazing piece of garden art - what a gift!! Now my garden is blessed and watched over by my totem.
There are few things in life that equal the value of a good friend. I am indeed honored! Enjoy summer and gardens, my friends.

A note to friends: I have mini surgery next week for my kidney 'stent', but all should be a breeze. Traveling to remission!

3 comments:

  1. Garden totems, lake cottages, stents and remission...your life is full and full of healing energies. :-)

    Love & Hugs,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sissal, Adele and I are thinking about you. You continue to teach us all so much about life and how to best live it. I love you so very much.

    Bro g

    ReplyDelete