Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hair today...





Hair today - gone tomorrow! Had my hair buzzed today - not bald yet, but close. The tresses are indeed disappearing daily, so I decided to go shorty. It's a strange feeling, this shedding. I've had short hair for years now, but I am quite used to a minimal head o hair.

Indeed it's a reminder of the process I am experiencing - chemicals invading my spaces. But as the hair goes, I think shrink and look forward to hats. I've already received a few gems - and of course I am a scarf gal, so I'll begin learning the various ways to tie!

A reminder too, not to get attached! Of course there are other possibilities:

A new gardening project! I always did love green.

Think of the possibilities. Flowers in spring. Holly and ivy. Ragweed for those special occassions.

So when I see any of my loyal followers next - who knows what will be on top! Adventures adventures. Thanks for listening. xsal

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sal,
    I think you've just the face for hats! Just keep that pretty smile on. I can see a tulip for a hat... can you see it? inverted with the petals surrounding your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and a nest, buid a nest to put somewhere under something in the garden.
    with your hair and things around.
    or not

    sending love,

    ReplyDelete
  3. still trying to get down the system for sending a message...

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, that worked. cold, wintry day...off to studio for a change of pace. working on taxes. thinking of you as always.
    love,
    cissee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sal!

    It's Sunday morning and it's sunny and I just read your wonderful blog--what a gift to share your thoughts with all of us. Thank you. Your positive outlook and your creativity have always been inspiring--and even more so now. So, keep writing, keep drawing. Here's a proverb, Chinese in origin, I think: "keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come." No doubt that flocks of colorful singing birds will always come to you. See you soon. It's Sunday--eat some pasta and chicken and potatoes. Have a bunch of relatives over. You know what I mean. love Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Sal! I love your attitude about the hair loss from chemo - of getting try on lots of different hats and learn to tie scarfs more creatively, etc.
    I have lots of friends at First E keeping you in their minds and hearts...you are bound for the 20% (or whatever it is) cure group, woman!

    Love you always,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally,

    You'll look wonderful in hats -- scarves, too. Most important is your pretty face and its beautiful smile.

    Today is Valentine's Day, and I wanted you to know I was thinking of you and all the many hearts that have you in it. Mine is one of them.

    Love, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about an Elvis wig? Or Cher hair? Or maybe Madame Laviosier (follow the link at http://chemistry.about.com/od/womeninchemistry/ig/Pictures-of-Women-in-Chemistry/)?
    Hugs, Roger

    ReplyDelete