Tuesday, February 2, 2010


Well, got sprung today! Bro & Sis in law Donny & Tricia took me on a field trip in the country - to visit my love & partner Beth. Am learning much - first that health recovery means lots of WAITING. But waiting gives rise to thought. I am overwelmed by the love and support from so many - a gift of this monster is that my belief in the potential for goodness in our conflicted species has been confirmed. I am enfolded in love and concern from so many. (Thought friends would enjoy this most tacky of hearts - you all know of my fatal attraction to the tacky...)
A note for those with interest in info and advocacy on women's cancer: two sites - the Women's Cancer Network http://www.wcn.org/; and Eyes on the Prize - http://www.eyesontheprize.org/. Both have info on cancer and opportunities to speak up, volunteer, educate. Will be looking for local opportunities to add my voice
Waiting goes on... as does life! xxxSal

2 comments:

  1. as does our love for you.
    let me know if you feel like reading barbara ehrenreich on her journey with breast cancer? she pushed back hard on the pink ribbon.
    if you're kind of cabin feverish, there was an article she wrote in harpers some years back - might be on line?
    or
    go to hulu.com and watch dumb old tv shows.
    or..

    not

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll continue to be an advocate no matter what the circumstance - you rock! Say hello to Beth and have more wonderful time in thought...and healing.

    ReplyDelete