Saturday, February 6, 2010



Hi all! Several of you asked where 'ApopSal' came from! I explained earlier, but here it is: Apop comes from Apoptosis (see pix at left) - it's the natural process of cell demise - the cell does itself in to make way for new cells - in a way that does not interrupt any body functions. The problem with cancer cells is that they do NOT do apoptosis - they live on in all their ugly hunger, growing, consuming, destroying. Many natural medicine folks believe that meditation and positive psychic force can induce apoptosis in cancer cells. While not proven scientifically, I certainlly am chanting apop apop when I meditate to shrink my monster! Therefore - ApopSal! Plus the word has such a lively sound to it, dancing towards health!

Today I am home of course, and happy to have had two good part time days at work. I have another week before my next chemo, so a return to almost normalcy. Am doing more drawing and sketching, which I love, and keeps me out of trouble. As always, comments, cards and support are so important - you are all so marvelous my dears!

On another note, we in the NE look with sympathy but relief at the southern snow: my Richmond sisters are not going to get the blitz that DC/Baltimore/Philadelphia are getting, but still, 5 inches on the 8-9 they already have is a disaster for them! Spring spring, where are you? Will send more research soon! xSal

2 comments:

  1. hello you

    thanks for the reminder. both the science and the meditation.

    it's the little cancer engine that can: I shrink, I can, I shrink I can.,,
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sal,
    What a gorgeous picture. Indeed spring spring....
    I too believe in positive psychic force.... Once upon a time I didn't believe in prayer.... my context was what I had learned in Catechism (sp?). Anyway I learned the Hail Mary in Portuguese before I knew it in English.. of course I didn't know what the words meant but took great pride in the fact that I could recite it faster than anyone. Today I think of prayer as a conversation with the the Psychic force... and I take my time and relish in it.... sending you prayer of power. luv

    ReplyDelete