Tuesday, February 23, 2010

SURVIVAL OF WITTIEST


So I'm reading this fascinating book - The Beak of the Finch - about Darwin's theory of natural selection and survival of the fittest. I've decided that being born with this half full positive attitude has selected me to survive this new adventure.
Now, I won't be having birth kids to pass this on to, but I am determined to be living proof of how being positive and thinking future helps me survive. And I am hoping to pass this on to each of you - naturally selected - as my legacy.
I must say, I like the cartoon animal with squiggly horns - I would have chosen her to survive for sure.
The great thing about the message in the Finch book is the focus on the ongoing process and the variability of life and survival. According to the researchers in the book who have documented proof of the selection process, even the most minute variation makes a difference to survival. I am strongly convinced that in the human species, it's not just genetic physical selection and survival, but psychological/ attitude selection as well. Darwin called this 'cultural selection'. And I select at least 20 more years! Sal

3 comments:

  1. Maybe the one in the back has the most to say...reminds me of a Sal drawing definitely. Thinking of you as always.
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Sal! Yes...natural selection with an existentialist twist. :-)

    You are amazing! Hope to see you sometime in the coming year.

    Love & Hugs,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspiring me. Sending love . . . XO VG

    ReplyDelete