Friday, February 19, 2010

TWO DOWN!!

Greetings followers! Had my second infusion Tuesday - so far so good. Am lucky that there are minimal side effects - so keep on keeping on.
Have been doing some interesting exploration about cancer research and funding. No surprise of course that most is subsidized by Big Pharma - seems that many alternative treatments can't find trial funding. Even the National Cancer Institute is primarily linked to Big Pharma. How we are controlled by big money! Of course, the stalled health care reform threatens care for so many - I'm writing lots of e mails to DC, for what it's worth. And of course, insurance companies push costs out of sight! In RI, insurance costs going up as the big money guys scoop up their bonuses.
I do try to find diversions as well: I'm reading a wonderful novel - "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" - a reminder of the viciousness of the Third Reich and the creativity of those trying to survive. Creative survival is a theme for me of late...


I am exploring all sorts of hear gear - all suggestions welcome... The possibilities are endless! Check in soon! xSal

6 comments:

  1. Sally,
    Your spirits seem way up. What courage!. Took me forever to figure out how to do this. All is well here, has been for the past two years. What a relief. I am wondering where Obama's courage is....and very afraid the Republicans will take the next election. I think of your all the time. Love, Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you. Medicine and money is interesting. I love how you research. You are my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative Survival - yeah! That sounds like your cup of tea definitely. So glad to hear of minimal side effects. You look great as a baldy!

    Hugs & kisses from Atlanta...and me. :-)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a great sister Love Sissue

    ReplyDelete