Monday, February 8, 2010

Port of Call


Now here's the port I would rather be experiencing: Dinan France, on the coast - ah dreaming and planning! Went this a.m. to have the 'port' put in for easier chemo. Amazing that modern medicine can threat a line to your veins for easy entry. The procedure was easy - now I only have to 'hook up' each time - no more IV's.
Otherwise, hating to miss work - another day of 'rest' - but enjoying the afternoon sun at my window, and the ever increasing leaves on our fig tree - 'figgee' by name. Even the hibiscus in the hallway is sprouting shiny new leaves. Time to peruse seed catalogs and plan for summer. xSal

3 comments:

  1. there you are, sal, hooking up..

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that they can make this whole chemo experience as comfortable as possible nowadays. Thanks for the reminder about Apop in your last post...I will mediatet some along with you to get those cancer cells to do a little apop dancing. You are such a great writer that I feel I'm right there with you...wish I could be to give you some hugs and smiles. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your way with words. Let me play with you. I want to supPORT you in all ways. XO VG

    ReplyDelete